Every Wednesday of every year (weather permitting), enthusiastic yachties take the afternoon off work and venture to RQYS for a fun and friendly race around the local islands of Moreton Bay.
Skippers can register their boat and their crew through the appropriate links below. Please ensure crew are registered by the skippers prior to the commencement of WAGS each week.
The first thing to do when arriving at the club is to sign-in at Clubhouse Reception.
- We would recommend that you arrive between 11 and 11:30 pm to complete this process, as the subsequent crew registration is between 11 and 12:00 pm.
- If you are not already covered by Australian Sailing’s on-water insurance and liability, you will need to register for a SailPass Online HERE, which will provide you with insurance cover for the day.
- This RQYS Sail Pass Day Membership essentially initiates newcomers to the Squadron as a crew member for that day, affording the individual the opportunity to enjoy the on-water activities on offer.
There are four (4) options available to assist you in participating in a WAGS event; those being:
- Join as a Crew member of RQYS (pricing is available at Reception)
- Provide evidence of membership of an Australian Sailing affiliated yacht club
- Be signed in by an RQYS Member and complete a Sail Pass Day Membership form. This also grants you the first three (3) sails as complimentary.
- Register for a WAGS Sail Pass Day Membership
Secondly, you will then need to register with the WAGS coordinators in the RQ Bar. They will assign you to a vessel, if one is available.
- Placement on a vessel for WAGS will be prioritised in order of the four (4) options above; and as such we cannot guarantee that you will make it onto a vessel to go sailing.
- The number of spaces available is completely dependent on the number of boats entered in WAGS and if the skippers of those boats have any available spots for extra crew.
- Depending on weather and the vessel you are assigned, the sailing event / competition can take anywhere between 2 to 4 hours.
In terms of what to bring, we recommend a bottle of water, clothes that can get wet and shoes with non-marking soles (so as to not mark the deck of the boat).
How to Enter WAGS:
Create Days Crew List:
Don’t like having to go online every week to enter? Are you a RQYS Member with Direct Deposit set up? We have a solution!
WAGS “One Touch Entry” is a opt in program for members to use there member card at the WAGS registration table to Enter, Nominate Crew & Pay on your member account.
To opt in please complete the form below, or see the Sailing Administrator (email@example.com | At WAGS Registration Desk)
We are delighted to welcome the extended community to join us for WAGS and be placed on a vessel by the WAGS team. Visit the registration desk from 1100hrs to put your name down and we will do our best to assign you a boat to have a sensational afternoon sail.
*Please note: some information in this video has changed since its release.