How to Get Involved
The Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron aims to assist and facilitate opportunities for aspiring crew and skippers.
There are four main ways to get involved, Learning to Sail by participating in one of the Sailing Academy courses, filling out your details on the crew register, participating in our weekly WAGS race on a Wednesday or by becoming one of our valued Volunteers.
To find out more about these options select from the tabs below.
- Join our fantastic Volunteer Team!
- As a member of the TEAM you will receive Training and Mentoring to allow you to reach your goals in a caring and FUN environment
Find out more about becoming one of our valued volunteers HERE
Learn to Sail
- The RQYS Sailing Academy offer Keelboat, Dinghy & Board learn-to-sail and development courses, classes & discover sailing days. Running 6 days a week, the Sailing Academy has a variety of different options to suit you! Find out more HERE!
WAGS & Racing
- WAGS (Wednesday Afternoon Go Sailing) is a great way to crew on yacht & network within the Manly Sailing Community, find out more about WAGS on the event page HERE.
- Develop your racing skills further with a supportive crew of fellow-learners on an RQYS Elliott6. This program organised by the Sailing academy runs in tandem with the Sailing Season / Club Racing, which starts September & concludes mid-April annually. Find out more about the Elliott 6 Club Racing Program HERE.
If you need any assistance or have any questions, please call our Sailing Office on 07 3396 8666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org