Thanks to those that have had their boats audited as required under the sailing instructions for the above fleets:
Due to COVID-19, the Sailing Committee have agreed to extend the due date of audits completed before 30th June 2020 to 31st January 2021, provided they are not more than twelve months old. All audits completed after 30th June 2020 will be current until 30th June 2021.
The Sailing Instructions require a Cat 5 audit form to be completed for all competing boats and the Sailing Office will be checking off “audits” against yachts registered to race.
So what is the process:
- Print off the current form from the Australian Sailing site
- Complete the form and check the expiry dates. (flares, fire extinguisher, life jackets, first aid kits)
- For further clarification re: the items listed on the Cat 5 form refer to 2017-2021 Special Regulations (Blue Book) – this can be downloaded from the Australian Sailing website
- When you are confident you have ticked all the boxes, contact an equipment auditor and make an appointment to have the audit completed. (contact the Sailing Office or refer to the national list on the Australian Sailing Website for a list of auditors)
- On the day of the audit have all the equipment listed in the Cat 5 form out and accessible. (refer above photo). This process should only take 20 mins for a Cat 5 audit
- What if you do not pass the audit: No big issue. First, it is just a case of obtaining the relevant item and providing proof to the auditor. Second, if it is something that can’t be corrected (lifelines not compliant), we note the form accordingly and the final decision to allow the boat to race rests with the Race Officer. (Not as important for Cat5 as it would be for Cat’s 3, 2 & 1 )
Please note that there is no cost to you for the audit as it is a service provided by Australian Sailing.
Should you have any questions regarding the process please do not hesitate to contact either myself or any of our RQYS audit team.
Senior Equipment Auditor (Queensland)
Day 1 of Term 4 Schools Teams racing defied the gloomy forecast, delivering a thrilling day of sailing action. The rain turned out to be a blessing in disguise, taming […]
Goodwill Cup Navigation Event secured by RQYS for 2023! Now, let’s take a moment for some well-deserved gloating about winning back the highly sought-after trophy in the enduring rivalry since […]
2023 has been a massive year! I have had the opportunity to travel to Germany and Poland to compete in the Kieler Woche regattas, ILCA Youth Worlds and the ILCA […]