The courses and activities available include:
- Sail & Play: A fun marine-sports orientated holiday program for children aged 6 – 13 years.
- Tackers: Learn-to-sail courses for children aged 7-12 years.
- Optimist Green Fleet & Intermediate Squad: A development initiative to encourage young sailors who have completed Tackers 3, to continue on and begin learning how to race.
- Sail Our Boats – Elliotts & Corsairs: Learn to sail courses for adults, ages 14 and older. Generally courses consist of ages 25 – 60.
- Keelboat Courses – learn how to sail larger yachts and trailer sailers
- Dinghy Courses – learning to sail in a double-handed dinghy (Pacer)
- Social Sailing & Ladies Sailing: Fun learn-to-sail sessions for all experience levels.
- Windsurfing: Learn-to-windsurf for all ages 11 and up!
- Stand-Up Paddle Boarding: Relaxing stand up paddle boarding for all ages – available in Lessons and Hire.
Download our Handbook! Sailing Academy Course Handbook 2017
The RQYS Sailing Academy offers a wide range of nationally recognised learn to sail and sailing-related courses in dinghies, keelboats, multihulls and boards.
The Academy is an accredited Australian Sailing Discover Sailing Centre that has launched countless sailing careers. Managed by experienced and professional sailing instructors, along with dedicated and fully-trained volunteers, on-water and shore-based courses are conducted regularly throughout the year.
All instructors are qualified through Australian Sailing and place an equal importance on the safety of the student and enjoyment of the course to create the perfect environment for learning.
For the mature student wishing to get into sailing, the courses provide a friendly and accessible entry into the sport and encourages participants with further opportunities to improve and develop sailing skills and techniques. The Sailing Academy also provides a variety of courses and programs for children and teenagers.
What We Cover
The RQYS Sailing Academy covers all types and levels of sailing, ranging from learning to sail a Dinghy, Yacht, Multihull or Board, and recreational or competitive sailing. In addition, most courses cover key skills such as navigating. Whether you’re a beginner or already highly experienced, there is a level within each program to suit you!
If you require further information, please don’t hesitate to contact us (07) 3396 8666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org