Download – Sailing Academy Course Handbook 2017
The RQYS Sailing Academy offers a wide range of nationally recognised learn to sail and sailing-related courses in both dinghies and keelboats.
The Academy is an accredited Yachting Australia Discover Sailing Centre that has launched countless sailing careers. Managed by experienced and professional sailing instructors, along with dedicated and fully-trained volunteers, on-water and shore-based courses are conducted regularly throughout the year.
All instructors are qualified through Yachting Australia and place an equal importance on the safety of the student and enjoyment of the course to create the perfect environment for learning.
For the mature student wishing to get into sailing, the courses provide a friendly and accessible entry into the sport and encourages participants with further opportunities to improve and develop sailing skills and techniques. The Sailing Academy also provides courses and programs for children and teenagers.
What We Cover
The RQYS Sailing Academy covers all types and levels of sailing, ranging from learning to sail a Dinghy or Yacht, and recreational or competitive sailing. In addition, most courses cover key skills such as navigating. Whether you’re a beginner or already highly experienced, there is a level within each program to suit you!
The courses and activities available include:
- Tackers: Learn to sail courses for children aged 7-12 years
- Sail & Play: A fun marine-sports orientated holiday program for children aged 6 – 13 years
- Junior Squads: Junior Coaching for kids and teenagers beyond Tackers
- Green Fleet & Intermediate Squad: A development initiative to encourage young sailors who have completed Tackers 3, to continue on and begin learning how to race.
- Adult Courses: Learn to sail courses for adults, ages 14 and older. Generally courses consist of ages 25 – 60
- Social Sailing & Ladies Sailing: Relaxing, casual and inexpensive sailing for women from 18 year and up. Ladies racing the last Saturday of each month.
- Windsurfing: Learn to windsurf for people 10 years and older – also depends on body size
- SUP: Relaxing stand up paddle boarding for all ages
If you require further information, please don’t hesitate to contact one of our friendly and qualified staff on (07) 3396 8666 (ask for the Sailing Academy) or email firstname.lastname@example.org