RQYS eDM: Urgent Steps to Keep Queensland Safe
Notice to All Members
Earlier today the Premier announced that as of 6pm today, Friday 8 January until 6pm Monday 11 January, Greater Brisbane will go into a three-day lockdown (includes the council areas of Brisbane, Logan, Ipswich, Moreton and Redlands).
Residents living in those areas must stay at home except for four key reasons; to buy essentials like groceries or medications, work or study if you can’t do either from home, exercise or to provide help, care or support.
Masks must be worn at all times when outside of your home, including for exercise.
These actions are extreme but deemed necessary by Queensland Health to ensure we get on top of this new UK strain detected yesterday. Queensland Health sees this three-day window as an imperative opportunity to track, trace and define any persons that may have been in contact with this strain of the virus. Queensland Health’s two main goals are to contact trace and quarantine during this period.
What this means for the Squadron and our Members:
- Ancora Restaurant and Boardwalk Café will close today from 3 pm and return to normal trading on Tuesday 12 January 2021.
- RQ Bar will close today from 5 pm and will return to normal trade on Tuesday 12 January 2021.
- RQYS Marina will remain open throughout the weekend, however Marina staff will only be in attendance from Monday 11 January 2021.
- RQYS Reception and Administration will close today from 5 pm but will be staffed over the weekend and on Monday 11 January 2021 from 7:30 am to 5 pm.
- Sailing Academy & Sailing all Sailing operations and activities will cease from 6 pm tonight (Friday 8 January) to 6 pm on Monday 11 January 2021. We intend to make further announcements about sailing programs on Monday, as more information comes to hand.
- RQYS Canaipa will be closed from 6 pm tonight (Friday 8 January 2021) to Monday evening 6 pm (11 January 2021).
- RQYS Gym will be closed until 6 pm Monday 11 January 2021.
Access to the Squadron:
Member access will be available throughout the lockdown period, however we have been advised that Brisbane Water Police have said that there should not be any recreational boating activity at all during the lockdown period. If you do not live on your boat then you should not be on the water. We will issue updates as they come to hand.
Masks will be a requirement of entry to the Reception, Marina and Clubhouse buildings during this lockdown period and, as per the directive above, must be worn at all times outside of your home. Staff have the right to refuse entry if you do not comply with this health directive.