*If you have already registered your attendance, please ensure you complete THIS FORM and bring it with you on the day*
2020 is proving to be quite different from previous years with the impact of the COVID 19 pandemic on our sport, hospitality and business in general. Strategic financial management has seen the Squadron remain open for member use during the imposed restrictions, albeit in a reduced capacity in some areas and within the Government guidelines. With social distancing being the new ‘normal’ our plans for Opening Day this year will see a few changes. Our program for the day is listed below and we invite you to come and join us. However, there will unfortunately be limitations on numbers in line with COVID restrictions and it is for this reason we are asking you to register your attendance as early as possible (we currently have a waiting list but don’t let that deter you, please give us a call).
Help us all stay COVID safe on Opening Day
- Stay at home if unwell or have a cough, fever (above 37.5 deg), sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath.
- Please be aware that anyone displaying symptoms as described above will not be permitted to enter.
- Maintaining 1.5m social distancing requirements is your responsibility, please assist us by keeping distanced when queuing to enter, purchase food and beverage, using the toilet facilities etc
- Please bring the completed COVID Screening form with you to ease congestion at the entry point (Reception) – entry via the entry/exit point on the lawn will only be available for those members and guests who have been screened at Reception and who are wearing their wrist band.
- If you are feeling unwell during the event, please seek assistance from our Security personnel at Reception and on the lawn entry/exit point, or any staff member.
- As an extra precaution we will now be performing a temperature check on all members and guests prior to providing entry to the licensed area.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water, and use alcohol-based sanitiser (available at a number of strategic points within the licensed area)
- Keep social gatherings to a maximum of 10 people on your vessel or on the Squadron grounds outside of the licensed area
We thank you for your assistance and please don’t be offended if you are approached by a staff member, a Volunteer or Security and asked to comply with these regulations as we strive to ensure that the Squadron remains COVID Safe for us all.
|0730 hours||Clubhouse open for breakfast|
|0915 hours||Morning Tea – available for members on the lawn|
|1000 hours||Flag Officers, Members and Guests assemble on Boardwalk for arrival of Guests of Honour|
|1010 hours||Call to order by the Officer of the Day – Mr Grant Somerville|
|1015 hours||Arrival of Guests of Honour, Governor of Queensland and Mrs de Jersey|
|1020 hours||Opening Day Ceremony – on the Boardwalk Stage|
|1115 hours||Fleet Sail Past – guests are invited to board a vessel or enjoy the spectacle from the shore – see details attached|
|1200 hours||RQYS Opening Day Festival commences and continues throughout the afternoon and evening on the lawn for members, guests and bona fide visitors.|
|1215 hours||2019-2020 Trophy & Award Presentations for: Junior and Senior Yachting | Cruising & Navigation | Volunteers|
|1330 hours||Opening Day Regatta commences for Yachts | Etchells | Off the Beach Classes|
|1700 hours||Commodore’s Happy Hour at the Sailor Jerry Bar on the lawn & Raffle Draw|
Please see attached the details for ‘Dressing of Ships’ and the Sail Past Instructions. Please pay particular notice to the Sail Past Instructions and observe all directions provided by the Marshall on the day.
The Sail Past is regarded as a sailing event and is therefore covered under the Squadrons COVID safe aquatic event plan, allowing more than 10 persons on a boat while observing social distancing at all times. The 10 people social gathering rule will however apply once back in your berth so please manage numbers on board accordingly.
If you would like to pre-register for the Sail Past please call Reception and provide the details of your boat, your number board will be available for collection prior to the day otherwise we will have a registration table set up along Flagship Drive to allow for registration on the day.
The Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions have been posted for the Invitational Race on Opening Day. More information here: https://www.rqys.com.au/club-racing/.
Those participating in the race must sign on before and off after racing via THIS LINK.
If you want to join the festivities in the licensed area after racing you must see one of the entry points, either on the lawn or at reception.
Opening Day Raffle
Supporting Squadron Youth Sailors through the Wyuna Fund.
TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR SALE NOW! Only $5.00 each!
We have a fantastic range of prizes available thanks to our generous sponsors.
- Sailing Package (valued at $395)
- $250 RQYS Slipway voucher
- 5 x $100 Fuel vouchers – Strike Fuels
- Envy Scooter
- Motel Accommodation voucher – Manly Marina Cove Motel
- 2 x $250 Electech vouchers
- $250 MOCO Food Services voucher
- $250 Coles/Myer Gift Card – JJ’s Waste & Recycling
- $250 CBA Prepaid Mastercard – JJ’s Waste & Recycling
- $100 Moreton Bay Signs voucher
- Glenfiddich 21 Year Old Whiskey – William Grant & Sons
- 1.75 Litre bottle of Belvedere Vodka – Moet Hennessy
- Magnum of Moet – Moet Hennessy
- 2015 Magnum of Robert Oatley Finisterre Cabernet Sauvignon
- 10 bags of Ice
Tickets can be purchased in advance by visiting Reception or by calling 3396 8666. Staff will be walking around on the day offering tickets. Payment to be made with Cash or be charged to your Member Account (must have a direct debit in place).
Drawn on Saturday 5 September at 5 pm. Attendance not required to be eligible – we will contact all winners after the draw.
We appreciate your support.
Food & Beverage
|Xpresso Mobile||7.30am – 9pm|
|Bill’s Burgers||7.30am – 9pm|
|Tender Calamari||12pm – 9pm|
|The Wandering Italian||12pm – 9pm|
|Ancora Ristorante limited menu – bookings essential||12pm – 9pm|
|Lawn Bar Beverage|
|Beer||150 Lashes Schooner|
|XXXX Gold Schooner|
|White Wine||Pikorua Sav Blanc|
|Red Wine||Rymill Dark Horse Cab Sav|
|Derwent Pinot Noir|
|Spirits||Sailor Jerry (served in a Sailor tin cup)|
|Hendricks Gin (served in a plastic tumbler)|
|Monkey Shoulder Scotch (served in a Monkey Shoulder tin cup)|
Lawn Bar Promotions:
- Purchase two Hendricks product and receive a pair of sunglasses
- Purchase a Sailor Jerry product and receive a Sailor Jerry tin cup
- Purchase a Monkey Shoulder product and receive a Monkey Should tin cup
|The Wandering Italian
||Pizzas – margherita, diavolo, capricosa|
|1/2 dozen oysters|
|Formaggi – 3 Australian & Italian cheeses, quince, crackers, lavosh|
|Pikorua Sav Blanc|
|Rymill Cab Sav|
|Derwent Pinot Noir|
|Spirits (700mL bottle)||Sailor Jerry|
|Beer (available in half and full cartons)||Heineken Stubbies|
|Kirin Megumi Stubbies|
|Little Creatures Rogers|
|Soft Drink + other||Mixed Dozen Soft Drink Cans|
|Bag of Ice|
|Vessel Celebration Package|
Members enjoying the festivities from the comfort of their own boat can pre-order any of the following to have their personalised celebration package ready to collect the day before, or on the day.
|Beverage Pack||includes 2x bottles of Chandon and 1x Carton of beer (choice of Heinekin or Kirin)|
|Cheese Grazing Box||
includes a selection of cold meats, cheese, crackers, and sweets
|12 Box of Cannoli||sweet ricotta, chocolate & vanilla|
|To pre-order your package simply contact our Hospitality Manager Beth Kucks via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0429 811 203. All pre-orders must be in before Tuesday 1 September 2020.|
Opening Day – Entry Procedure
Please note that due to recent changes regarding gatherings by the Chief Health Officer in Queensland, public gatherings are now limited to 10 people, including yourself and members of your household. This will not apply to the Opening Day Festival which is restricted to 500 people in the licensed area and covered by our COVID Safe Plan. This restriction however will apply to members who are planning on holding a gathering at the Squadron outside of the licensed area: ie Bay Lookout, our other lawn areas, Etchells BBQ area etc. This restriction will also apply to your vessel if you are entertaining your own guests on your vessel.
You must practice physical distancing as much as possible and:
- wash your hands regularly with soap and water, and use alcohol-based sanitiser
- avoid hugs, kisses and handshakes
- wherever possible keep at least 1.5 metres away, two big steps, from people you don’t live with.
Participating in the Sail Past only:
- There is no restriction if you are only participating in the Sail Past – this part of the event is covered by the Squadron’s Aquatic COVID Safe Plan
- Present your membership card to the gate marshalls and you will be granted access
- If you have not already registered for the Sail Past – please do so at the registration station along Flagship Drive. You are able to pre-register for this by calling Reception – 3396 8666 or E: email@example.com with your Name, Boat Name and details of your boat
- There is no requirement to complete the COVID screening form if you are only doing the Sail Past and not coming into the licensed area
Participating in the full activity – (all day or part of the day):
- To avoid the disappointment of not being granted access on the day you must register beforehand – whilst we are currently at capacity – we are taking a waiting list and we will contact you either way prior to the day.
- The Opening Day festivities are taking place in the licensed area which encompasses: the Bar, Boardwalk, Restaurant, Lawn and Girdis Room.
- Access will be via Reception and one entry/exit point on the main rigging lawn.
- This is where you will be required to undergo a COVID screening test – please bring the completed form https://www.rqys.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/COVID-Opening-Day-Form.pdf with you to assist with easing congestion at the entry points.
- Members and guests are also required to sign-in and sign-out .
- All members and guests participating in the Opening Day activities, once signed-in and screened will be issued with a wrist band. This band must be worn while in the Licensed area .
- Departure from the Licensed area will also be via Reception, where you must sign-out and relinquish your wrist band if you are not returning later. This will allow us to grant access to other patrons if you are not returning. Please make sure you keep your wristband on if you are returning.
- Each area of the Licensed area has a patron capacity limit, those being: RQ Bar – 20 pax | Restaurant & Cafe – 120 pax | Full Member’s Bar – 75 pax | Lawn – 210 pax | Girdis Room – 75 pax – it is a requirement that we maintain these capacity limits.
- COVID Marshalls will be on hand to assist with keeping us COVID compliant – please don’t be offended if you are approached by a staff member, a Volunteer or Security and asked to comply with the regulations as we strive to ensure that the Squadron remains COVID Safe for us all.
How to stay COVID Safe in the Licensed Area
- Social distance – at least 1.5 metres from people you don’t live with
- All members and guests must be seated if eating or drinking
- Wash your hands and sanitise regularly
- Comply with number limits for each area
Steps the Squadron is undertaking to keep our members and their guests COVID Safe
- Two dedicated cleaners will be on site the entire day, sanitising high touch point areas and maintaining the cleanliness of the premises
- Jumping Castles will be cleaned prior to and between jumps. Children’s hands will be sanitised before entry to the Jumping Castles
VIC States 2023 was sailed in typical Melbourne weather which called into question the sun’s existence. This weekend had a record number of entries, with 109 lasers competing over all […]
Day 1 of Term 4 Schools Teams racing defied the gloomy forecast, delivering a thrilling day of sailing action. The rain turned out to be a blessing in disguise, taming […]
Goodwill Cup Navigation Event secured by RQYS for 2023! Now, let’s take a moment for some well-deserved gloating about winning back the highly sought-after trophy in the enduring rivalry since […]