Cruising and Navigation Presentation Dinner
The RQYS Cruising and Navigation Presentation Dinner was held in Flags on the 29th June and was a great night. Below are the recipients of the 2018 awards and photos of the night.
Major awards for 2018
- Cruise of Merit: Michael Thurston – Drina
- Power Cruiser of the Year: Gavin Smith & Wendy MacDonald – Meleleuka
- Sail Cruiser of the Year: Rod & Jenny Stewart – Dawn’s Light
- Powerboater of the Year: Chris Tyquin – Lucinda Bay
Power Cruising Group
- Rookie Powerboat Cruiser: Wayne Rashleigh – Lady Penelope.
- Best Cruise: Anthony & Michelle Lawrence – In The Black.
Sailing Cruising Group
- Best Cruise Organisers: Craig & Kerry Margetts – Scarlett
- Most Improved Cruiser: Lanaia Donkin – Expresso
- Most Enthusiastic & Determined Cruisers: Irwin & Ilse Bejsta – Moonglade
Navigation Season Champions
- Traditional: Chris Tyquin – Lucinda Bay
- GPS: P/Cdr Denis Land – North Light
The Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron gratefully acknowledges the support of its Sponsors and Perpetual Trophy donors throughout the 2017/18 Season.
Big thanks to P/Cdr Ian Threlfall for making the introductions and it was fantastic to have R/Cdr David Redfern making the presentations.
Powerboat Chairman Mick Atkinson.