Action on and off the water: The first vessel will start around 1100 and with a course length of Traditional 23,386.1 metres (12.627nm) and GPS 23,387.1 metres (12.628nm) slightly shorter
Action on and off the water:
The first vessel will start around 1100 and with a course length of Traditional 23,386.1 metres (12.627nm) and GPS 23,387.1 metres (12.628nm) slightly shorter than previous years, most competitors should be anchored at RQYS Canaipa by 1600 ready for the camaraderie and social activities ashore.
In addition to the competition between RQYS members for the Goodwill Cup we also invite Southport Yacht Club to compete against us for the coveted Goodwill Trophy. This trophy has been contested since 1962 between the two clubs. 2019 saw the trophy return to Squadron hands and we intend to keep it here!
Once you have finished the race head ashore at RQYS Canaipa to enjoy Commodore’s Drinks and then stay on for Kevin’s famous roast dinner (bookings essential)
• All Traditional vessels will be competing in one division
• All GPS vessels will be competing in one division
Presentation will include
• Major prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in both Traditional and GPS
• Best first leg for Traditional (excluding vessel’s which place in the top five)
• First time encouragement award
• Best dressed team
* Navigators Prize (traditional)
Documents will be released closer to the event.
(Saturday) 11:00 am - 4:00 pm AEST
Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron
578 Royal Esplanade, Manly