The Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron has everything a member could need, on or off the water. There are many, many reasons why joining the friendliest, oldest and one of the most successful recreational boating club in the State. Here are just a few of the benefits of membership:
Want to Belong? click here to view our Membership Information & Application Form or simply call our Membership Team today: email@example.com | (07) 3396 8666
RQ Bar – Sample our specially selected beverages and relax amid the ambience of our waterside Clubhouse.
RQ Bistro – For the ultimate in dining experiences, enjoy reserved seating, a refreshing menu highlighting a variety of fresh and delicious seafood selections.
There is also a delightful BBQ area situated alongside the Clubhouse where members can enjoy cooking their own meal. A children’s play area situated nearby means that the little ones can have fun too.
- Members’ pricing on all food and beverage items across all Hospitality areas
- An additional 10% discount on food and beverage items is offered for a range of membership categories.
- Members’ pricing on ticketed events (such as Opening Day, Children’s Xmas Party)
- Access to reserved member seating in the Bistro
- 24 hour Fuel Pontoon – our members delight in knowing that they don’t have to travel far for fuel. Members save 5c per litre and up to 10c per litre if over 1000L!
- Receive a twin pack of wine every year for your birthday!
- Access to the Squadron Gym (available from 7.30am – 7pm Monday – Sunday)
- RQYS Canaipa, our ‘down-the-bay’ premises is the jewel in the RQYS crown with vast open lawns amid a tropical setting, swimming pool, shower and laundry facilities, barbecue area and the safest anchorage in the Bay. With an onsite caretaker, RQYS Canaipa is always prepared for your stay.
- Swing moorings at Stradbroke Island simply book in with our Marina office to book your stay
- Receive a personalised member card and vehicle stickers which enables full facility access 24/7
- Australia’s highest on-water liability insurance for competitive sailors.
- Receive In the Wind our weekly e-Newsletter to keep you up to date and our Club Magazine Mainsheet delivered to your door
- Trade facilities at your fingertips – Boat repairs, maintenance, travel lifts, launch, wash-down areas and brokerages are all within our secure members’ only area
- Cruising Groups – Be a part of the adventure and enjoy the friendship of likeminded people. Our exclusive member’s only cruising groups explore the Bay and surrounds together every month.
- Accommodation facilities available at the Manly Marina Cove Motel on the Squadron’s premises.
- Be a part of our signature off-shore Regatta Race – the Club Marine Brisbane to Keppel Tropical Yacht Race and Brisbane to Hamilton Island!
- On-site 24/7 security and members’ only access into the Squadron’s Marina
- Enjoy regular social events such as themed nights, dinner parties and Melbourne Cup race days
- Learn to sail and development programs for adults and children along with school racing, fleet racing and our unique school holiday adventure program, Sail and Play
- A full range of merchandise made exclusively for RQYS available at our Clubhouse reception desk
- Reciprocal arrangements with a number of National and International Clubs. Including with the Southport Yacht Club, which includes one night free berth and visitations to Dux, a private members’ only facility extended to Full members of RQYS.
- Become a volunteer – what better way to enjoy and be a part of our many sailing programs. Volunteers learn on one of the most beautiful classrooms – Moreton Bay.
- Boat Hire and Coaching is available – learn to sail with your friends and family on board our Elliot 6’s with experienced staff by your side for as long as you like.
- Boat knowledge courses and conversation nights to improve your skills on water.
- Voting rights for a range of member categories. Having your say is important and voting for what you think is right helps to achieve the best for our Squadron.
- Be a part of a Committee. From Sailing to Cruising and Navigation, Infrastructure and Membership, form part of a collective of members who understand the importance of future needs and enduring traditions.
- Charge account facility – with no additional fees and monthly direct debit arrangements
- 4 launching ramps – to safely put your vessel on the water
- WAGS – enjoy sailing in the largest regular sailing regatta held on Moreton Bay with fellow Members each and every Wednesday of the year (11.30am-5pm) either as Crew or as a Skipper
- Yacht and off the beach racing on selected courses provided by a dedicated and experienced team of race officers and volunteers.
- Encourage your desire to travel. The Squadron is the gateway to Queensland and International waters. Its location situates our members right in the middle of some of Queensland’s best islands and getaways.
- Receive a history Book ‘Up the River & Down the Bay’ valued at $39.95, when you attend a New Members’ Welcome
RQYS, Canaipa at Russell Island
Sailing and Programs
Sail Cruising and Power Cruising social groups
State, national and international regattas
Academy, learn to sail and holiday adventure programs.
Programs are available for adults and children all year round.
Marina berths and hardstand storage
Bill Kirby (VIP Jetty)
24hr fuel pontoon
On-site maintenance and slipping facilities
Marine Trade Centre
Launching ramps and 4 rigging lawns
Car, trailer and shipping container parking
Clubhouse and Grounds
Harbour View Restaurant, Boardwalk Bar and Cafe with wireless internet hotspot
Showers, toilets and laundry facilities
BBQ area & children’s playground
Squadron Magazine – Main Sheet
Squadron eNewsletter – In The Wind
Conference and Functions
Girdis Room – large functions
Commodores Lounge – small intimate functions
Auditorium with 97 seats
Flags Function Room
Onsite wedding facilities